Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with business clients, to understand their requirements, and produce functional specification documents.
- Work closely with the Transformation Programmers, QA Analysts and business clients, to resolve any and all requirement and specification issues as they arise.
- Be dedicated to working with business and data requirements and analysis, developing extensive documentation on the requirements and functional specifications for the Data Warehouse developers, and supporting the Data Warehouse development team in terms of understanding requirements.
- Front and back end programming is not a requirement, but may be required to assist with data analysis and testing, so strong SQL skills are therefore required.
Skills, Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- Solid understanding of the data warehousing end-to-end development lifecycle.
- Strong SQL programming skills and solid understanding of relational databases and data architecture.
- 3-5 years of experience as a business systems analyst in a business or information technology environment.
- Knowledge of at least one procedural language.
- Experience with OLAP technologies (MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.).
- Experience with Unix, with OLAP technologies.
- Some project management or team leadership background, although this is not a project management position.
- Be a self-motivated individual who takes pride in delivering high quality work and working as an integral part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results oriented environment, and have worked within the structure of a large organization.
- Financial industry experience would be beneficial.
- University degree or college diploma.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.