Job Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director- Project Services, Project Managers will be primarily responsible for facilitating the initiation of client projects within the North American and/or Western Europe Data Warehousing, Information Delivery and Business Intelligence markets. The Project Manager will work initially with the Account Manager to scope the work, help to recruit and staff the team and oversee the entire project from both a business and technical perspective. .
Successful candidates will be brought in at a junior, intermediate or senior PM level, depending on the qualifications and experience they have. Each candidate should have:
- Formal PM Training, Certification, a diploma or a degree from a recognized College or University or equivalent work experience.
- The PMI PMBOK PM methodology, including training or PMP certification is an asset but not required.
- Highly developed communication skills including listening, facilitating, persuading, and writing.
- Highly evolved Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint and MS Project skills are a must.
- Willingness to travel is essential.
- Demonstrated organizational skills including planning, goal-setting and analyzing.
- Effective team building skills: empathy, motivation and the ability to work well in a diverse environment.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity is required as change is a constant in this environment.
- Proven leadership skills: leads by example, positive attitude, energetic, big picture thinker, delegates.
- Experience working on Enterprise Data Warehouse projects is an asset but is not a firm requirement.
- Broad exposure or skills in areas such as Software or Application implementations; Process Re-engineering; Business Analysis would be a plus
- Adapts quickly to new situations and can work independently.
- Recognizes what is needed to get the job done and gets what’s needed or redefines the project.
- Is personally committed to success of the project.
- Coaches and motivates team members.
- Spots scope changes well in advance of others and manage them accordingly.
- Generates a positive atmosphere for all involved to make success happen.
- Ability to work in an evolving and changing environment while keeping the project focused on the objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with high level decision makers within an organization. Exceptional skills in facilitating meetings, interviewing, probing and influencing others.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution and relationship management skills are required.With guidance from the Director – Project Services, and the client Account Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for the overall success of the project, including delivery of the project on time, within budget, and to the client’s overall satisfaction.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Define project scope and high level budgets.
- Develop detailed project charters, plans and schedules.
- Manage project utilizing PMBOK Framework and/or client framework for managing projects.
- Implement effective strategies to manage sponsor/stakeholder expectations.
- Make day-to-day decisions, identifying larger issues to be resolved by the Director – Project Services, the Account Manager and/or the Client.
- Ensure appropriate risk management plans and strategies are employed for the project.
- Ensure all project team members understand the project objectives, scope, and terms of reference.
- Ensure the project organization structure is appropriate for the project’s size and complexity.
- Prepare and present project status, financial status, and project progress to the Director – Project Services, the Account Manager and/or the Client.
- Ensure the most effective use of team members’ knowledge and skills are employed to keep the project on track
Salary will be commensurate with experience.