We are seeking to fill the position of a Junior Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (DW/BI) Consultant to work with our existing team of consulting professionals.
Ideally, the Junior DW/BI Consultant will have an IT background serving the financial services, retail, health care or telecommunications industries. The DW/BI Consultant will have a sound understanding of data warehouse concepts and principles, and provide value to SaiCom’s clients in their implementation. In addition he/she will have some experience with data and database development, ETL development, or information delivery design and development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of SaiCom consultants in the completion of data warehouse and business intelligence development projects which can incorporate some or all of the following components:
- Business analysis and requirements gathering
- Logical and physical data models including metadata
- Source system data analysis
- Source to target data mapping analysis and design
- ETL development and Quality Assurance
- Information Delivery development and Quality Assurance
- Represent SaiCom and liaise with other client groups within the framework of a larger project team to deliver a unified solution.
- IT development background
- Some Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence experience would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to present (orally and in writing) complex subjects and alternatives in a clear and understandable way to both technical and to non-technical audiences at various levels within an organization
- Experience with databases, including one or more of the following DBMSs: Oracle, MS SQL-Server, or IBM DB2
- Highly proficient with database development using multiple development languages including SQL, P/L SQL, C, C++, Perl Scripting, or similar languages
- University Degree in Information Technology or related field
Salary will be commensurate with experience.